Final Model and Evaluation

This is my evaluation of my model and animation. I fond the model to look quite sharp and realistic, the animations for the gun are not to bad with the trigger and the top of the gun linked for the animation and the recoils is quite realistic. I could however have spent more time researching gun recoil to make it more realistic and looked into the weight of hand guns and seen how they recoil to my model. The textures were just preset colours within maya but go a long way by making the model look sharp and sleek. My favorite part of the model is the silencer because of the look and design of it. It looks sleek but could have been a little smaller. The lightning on the side of the weapon I thought looked really cool and gives the hand gun a futuristic feel to it.

What I could have done better is put more time into learning the maya software and put a load more time into the design of the gun and more so the animation, time being the biggest factor in how I could of improved. I could have worked more on the texturing and tried out different ways of modeling a gun. Another improvement I could have made is picking an idea and sticking with it. originally I wanted to design a scythe from the western anime called RWBY but I found that idea initially to hard but it would have got easier. I then went to make the sniper riffle D.A.R.C.I from destiny but again I found it to hard but I did use the barrel for my gun.

Comments

Popular Posts